These are a crowd pleaser, and a butt expander. Enjoy!
Gooey Butter Brownies
Basic boxed brownie mix (13x9 or "family size"), baked according to instructions, but in a slightly larger pan (I used my lasagna pan).
Pull brownies out just a couple minutes before normal time.
For Gooey Butter Cookie Layer:
• 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1 egg
• 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
• 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Add cake mix, and stir until well blended. Roll into 1 inch balls and roll the balls in the confectioners' sugar. (Messy but worth it) Try as hard as you can not to eat ALL the cookie dough raw. Place balls almost touching on top of the partially cooled brownie layer. Press down slightly around the edges.
3. Bake another 13-15 minutes until golden
4. Sprinkle with a little more confectioner’s sugar, just to make it a little more purty and tempting.
5. When cooled, cut portions as needed along the rounded lines of the killer gooey butter cookies on the top.
6. Share them with guests so that you don't eat them all by yourself. Like I did.